Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Bleach bath then dyeing light brown?

Has anyone had their hair colour stripped by bleaching it completely then dyed a different colour at the hairdressers (like if you'd had it black and wanted to go back to brown)?





Mine is currently dark red and I'm sick of it growing out, I want to have this done and have it put back to light brown. I know it's not particularly good for your hair but how many people have had it done and how did it come out?Bleach bath then dyeing light brown?
i have done it at the salon, and it is hard on the hair, it may be hard to get it totally the same as your natural but it can be close, they will just do the stripping on the part of the hair that is colored, you do not need to put in on the stuff that has grown out, because then the roots would be very blond and no need to damage them. then they will put a color on that is very close to your own, maybe a shade darker, cause the ends that have been stripped, the color will fade out of them faster, you may have to go back in a month to redo the ends again, just because they will fade. Then whenever you have something done to your hair make sure they know that it was stripped once and when, cause if you don't tell them, trust me, I had a client that didn't tell me, and I had no idea that she had bleach and then color and then bleach and then color and when I went to do something it fried the ends. You have to tell your stylist everything you are doing or it isn't their fault if your ends are fried.


You will need to get some good deep conditioner and re constructor for after wards just to start to get your hair back in shape. and regulars trim after wards. Try joico's K-pak that is a good one


hope this helpsBleach bath then dyeing light brown?
I have done this to my hair before becoming a hair stylist. I went from blue black to brown then eventually blonde. It did wreck my hair quite alot, but it is do able. You just got to make sure you really want this, as it will dry your hair out. If you went into a salon they can recommend alot of different ways of doing this without actually striping your hair. I would try at first talking to your stylist. I would recommend you to get a kaki brown on your hair.....I know i know sounds horrendous but basic colour training teaches you that green (kaki) neutralises red. It will show through for a while but eventual you should be able to get a brown. The kaki colour btw does not look green on your hair, its just a cool brown. I would recommend trying this before striping your hair, if i had had this option i definatly would have taken it as i did wreck my hair.








Hope il helped slightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment