Sunday, March 7, 2010

Why do light-skinned people try their butts off sun-bathing to get a tan?

I mean, they try to be brown literally but they go red or orange. I think it's pointless. Be content with your skin.Why do light-skinned people try their butts off sun-bathing to get a tan?
For the same reason that people in the Philippines waste all sorts of money buying skin whitening products (that seldom work). White people find tanned skin attractive, brown people find white skin attractive. But I agree with you that getting orange or red skin without the brown tan should be enough to make these people stop, even if the threat of skin cancer and skin aging doesn't.Why do light-skinned people try their butts off sun-bathing to get a tan?
Yeah, I agree. Nobody is ever content of one thing or in this case of who they are. I think its a fad to be tan. Why be something you're not? Yeah it looks good to have that sunkissed that. Good thing they have those natural looking tan now like bronser or whatever. But still the best way is to look like yourself and wear a sunscreen to protect your skin from harmful UV rays. PS. I'm naturally tan and I love my skin the way it is. It took me some time to realize that though being a minority.
If you were pale you would understand!!!!!!
I agree. I love my skin the way it is, which is pale.











QUOTE:


';Good point, but a healthy tropical looking tan makes one appear thinner, teeth whiter, sexier,and better looking in clothes.';





That's a matter of opinion, dear.
The orange tone is too much fake tan lotion and I don't know why people use it. However, getting a nice deep brown tan tends to make skin (by hiding blemishes) look better. Cellulite isn't as visible and it helps with acne and stretch marks too. It isn't that people aren't comfortable with the color of their skin as it might be skin imperfections.
Honestly. I hate people that tan themselves to death. Don't they know how much damage that causes their skin? At the age of 30, they'll look like they're 55 years old.





I personally am the palest person all of my friends have ever met. I've never known anyone with whiter skin than mine, and I completely love it! When I wear shorts and show off my legs it's like a kick in the face to those tanning-obsessed freaks!





Go paleness!
they think it looks attractive. but really its just a waiste of money. i dont think they know when they turn orange people make fun of them. i know i do. but its what floats thier boat soooo....
Maybe its what they choose to do?
I don't.


I don't think it's worth the wrinkles, you'll get when your older.
i agree completely...people should embrace who they are and stop trying to be something they're not
Women often do it to camoflage stretch marks and cellulite as well as to look thinner.
Good point, but a healthy tropical looking tan makes one appear thinner, teeth whiter, sexier,and better looking in clothes.





It shouldn't matter but it does in a world that is so superficial.
i agree. Pale beats having orange skin
that what i always wanted to know,its weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment