Sunday, March 7, 2010

I have a 3way switch hook-up in my bath room, it controls my light,fan & shower light. I have a new 3&2 way .

My new double switch( 3 %26amp;2 way combo ) does not work. I have wired the 3 way portion of the new switch exactly like the other 3 way but it will not work from both switches, just one side at a time. I have not even tried to hook up the bottom half yet (2-way) for my fan and shower light. But,I did re-hook my other 3 way only switch and it went back to 3-way,both switches worked as they should. Do I have a bad (new) 3%26amp; 2 way combo switch or am I wiring the top part (3 way) wrong? I want to be able to control the main bathroom light from the 3-way switch and the fan and shower light from the 2-way switch on my double switch combo. I do not like all lights %26amp; fan on one switch. HELPI have a 3way switch hook-up in my bath room, it controls my light,fan %26amp; shower light. I have a new 3%26amp;2 way .
It sounds like you have your switches confused. The original switch doesn't sound like a ';3-way'; switch, but a 3 position switch. In other words, the first position turns on the bathroom light. The next position adds the fan. The last position adds the shower light.





If you want to turn only one thing on and off, like the main bathroom light, you just need a normal on and off switch. To control the fan and shower light you need a switch with 2 on positions, one that turns on the fan, then the next that adds the shower light.





But like the other person said, it's best to have an electrician do it. It's a lot safer and less chance of burning your house down.I have a 3way switch hook-up in my bath room, it controls my light,fan %26amp; shower light. I have a new 3%26amp;2 way .
Get an electrician to do it.


That's what they're trained to do, and there's and added bonus...---%26gt;


NO CHANCE YOU';LL KILL YOURSELF!!!


Happy Days!





Glad I could help.

No comments:

Post a Comment