Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Giving puppy a light bath!?

Hey, this is just a thought. I got my gsd puppy and i checked him up with the vet and he's healthy and all. I want to give him a light bath and vet said that is alright just dip cloth in water and rub his and his private areas softly.





My question is how should I give him the bath:


-Just warm water and dip cloth in and rub him


-vet said no for the puppy shampoo or any kinds of chemical right now as it is still about 6.5 weeks


-mom said to add a little vinegar in the hot water and then rub him. (is vinegar a good idea so he doesn't smell?? or is it no)





Let me know thanksGiving puppy a light bath!?
I would go get some of those puppy wipes they sell in petsmart and use them if he needs to be cleaned up a bit. If you don't want to buy anything, then just use lukewarm (not hot) water and wipe him down with a wet cloth. He is going to smell like a puppy no matter what you do to him. It's just the way puppies smell. Giving puppy a light bath!?
It's OK to give it a bath but don't use dog shampoo of any kind! At my job we use baby shampoo 1 because its the most gentle shampoo available and 2 it cleans and deoderizes and 3 because its good for fleas and it doesn't hurt their eyes. Just make sure you rinse really good and your puppy will be fine.
Would maybe use light baking soda, or find a organic shampoo, all natural, with no chemicals. Also nothing wrong with just some warm water.
His first mommy didn't use vinegar or soap when she washed him, so you probably should wait on those, too.



My puppy is a little bit older than yours, and we use dish soap.
I would wait a bit longer.
i would use baking soda before vinegar,,,,dont want the dog running around smelling like a douche bag
I've used human baby shampoo, just don't get it in his eyes.
i gave mine a bath at 5 weeks with soap .... shes fine
  • help blackheads
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment