Wednesday, March 3, 2010

How do I remove light surface scratches from a plastic bath?

I've been having some building work done, and as a result of the brick dust, there are light surface scratches all over the plastic bath (the builders didn't use a dust sheet). Whilst they aren't especially obvious, they're annoying and I'd like to polish them out if I can. Any suggestions would be most welcome.How do I remove light surface scratches from a plastic bath?
I don't know if you can still buy the stuff, but there was a product called Duraglit, it was a cotton wading material used for polishing metals. It is mildly abrasive, but I know for a fact it polishes plastics a treat.How do I remove light surface scratches from a plastic bath?
I'm too late on answering this I know, but M.A.A.S polish is good.My husband used to use it on the visor of his cycle helmet.It helped make the scratches less obvious at night when headlights shone at him.

Report Abuse



VERY easy with T-CUT or Brasso metal; polish, The airline business uses gallons of brasso to clean windscreens, polish it as if it was metal. THIS WORKS
I doubt you can actually
Have you tried an eraser or rubber or even blue tac rolled over it with a bit of talc.
try cut polish on a small out of sight corner. It works great on cars so it should work on your bath.
I read somewhere that t-cut polish (for cars) works. I'd suggest using it on a small spot somewhere inconspicuous first!!!!
try using an emmery board for doing your nails i used it to take out the scratches on my pushchair then use a buffer for your nails it works a treat
Yep. Go ahead with Tcut from any good autofactors or Halfords and Brasso works just as well. I was a bodyshop foreman for many years and these products did the business on all types of car finishes .Just use it sparingly and keep checking for effect.If the scratches are just surface scuffs caused by the builders brick dust then you may notice that the brick dust stains the scuffed area.A light brush with toothpaste might help here before using the Tcut or Brasso .Hope you find this helpful !!
I was once advised to try metal polish e.g. Brasso
Sounds stupid but try T-Cut it is what we use to get rid of light surface scratches on cars. Any motor shop like Halfords will sell it or your hubbie may have some in garage.


If the builders have scratched you bath you can claim off them as they will have public liability insurance but wait until they have finished the job.
I haven't tried this, so it's your call, but you could try using coloured T-Cut, which is a car body product found at Halfords or anywhere selling car accessories. It may take the shine off, but there's probably a product that puts it back afterwards. Ask at Halfords.
The way to renovate a bath, remove ingrained dirt and body fats, is to use T - Cut (as used in car bodywork renovation - including glass fibre/plastic bodywork). Removing scratches can be tedious work, especially if the scratches are deeper than you imagine. The majority of modern baths are Perspex or similar material and have solid colour within this product. Bluebell/Brasso is also great for cleaning `plastic`baths of general dirt and shines as good as new.
only glad 2 elp. paint it wit sum gloss .
No problem at all: just use some TOOTHPASTE with either a soft toothbrush or a soft cloth. Add a little water and gently rub until the scratch is gone. Works really well on the coloured ';scratches'; in plastic baths too, for example from plastic bath toys. I promise you the scratches will come out without damaging the bath.....on the contrary, your bath will look like new
Wax and Buff...baby Wax and Buff
Brasso works well. It is only mildly abrasive so you have to use a bit of 'elbow grease' Years ago I used it to get white lime stains off a purple plastic bath (yuck), it brought it up a treat. I hasten to add the bath was not mine. My Father in Law was a WW2 pilot and used Brasso to remove the scratches on the Spitfire perspex cockpit windows in the war.
You don't!
Squeeze toothpast onto a damp cloth %26amp; rub in a circular motion gently onto the scratch, then rinse. if it is not too deep, it will disappear. Same can be used for scratches on your car.
toothpaste its a mild abrasive and is great on light scratches

1 comment:

  1. Hello .. I have never seen a smart articles that you created. It really helped me to get back my ideas for writing. I will save this post, for I learn more cheap public liability insurance

    ReplyDelete