Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Do you ever feel light headed when you get out the bath?

Because I do, I go all shaky and weak and my heart beats really fast and a big black fuzz covers my vision, is this normal, and what causes it?Do you ever feel light headed when you get out the bath?
Orthostatic hypotension.





What it means is when you stand up after lying down for a while your body can't compensate fast enough to keep the blood flowing to your brain. The dizzy spell and black fuzz are caused by an oxygen shortage in your brain.





Buddha is correct. This is often associated with very serious conditions... but not necessarily.





For example some antidepressants and even heavy marijuana use can slow down the baroreceptor reflex; your body doesn't immediately realize something has changed and that it should work harder. Also being obese or eating a high-fat diet can cause this sort of thing to happen.





Anything that damages the autonomic nervous system, anything that impairs circulation, or anything that just takes a large volume of blood out of your system can cause this. Good luck figuring it out.Do you ever feel light headed when you get out the bath?
That happens to me quite a lot. I think it's something to do with being in a hot room and the steam from your bath.


Last summer I was camping in France and I was in the toilet block waiting for the shower and suddenly I felt like I was going to be sick and my vision went, so I staggered my way out of the block and shouted for my mum but she didn't hear me and then I remember mum's friend saying ';I've got you'; and waking up on the floor with people around me. It was weird.


Perhaps have a window open when you have a bath or use an extractor fan (on ceiling) if you have one.
Yes, I get it too. I get it all the time, when I get out the bath, shower and being in the sun too long. What you're describing sounds like just before you faint..I faint a lot, and my vision goes and then my hearing goes before I collapse. Make sure you don't have the water too hot, don't get up/out so fast, and cool down quickly..and go and see your doctor, it's not normal.. I went and found out I am anemic and have vertigo. Hope I've helped, sorry if I'm completely wrong! Good luck x
Some people faint when getting out of the bath. It's all to do with circulation and blood pressure and quite normal. Get up very slowly after draining the bath first. Is my tip.
I get that occasionally, because you've spent so long lieing in hot water and probaly sweating.


be careful!!
It certainly isn't normal. Yes, I do feel like that but I have a very serious illness. You should see your doctor.
The water is too hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment