Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The light in my bath room stopped instantly turning on and takes a few seconds to turn on.?

I have another fixture in a hallway with two bulbs. When I turn on the light first one bulb lights then the other. Every where else in the house the lights turn on instantly, even with the same type of multiple bulbsThe light in my bath room stopped instantly turning on and takes a few seconds to turn on.?
If they are fluros then thats normal, but if they are just the normal bulbs you could have problems with your wiring, I would get it checked out asap, better than having a fire cause of faulty electric wires! :)The light in my bath room stopped instantly turning on and takes a few seconds to turn on.?
django71 is right I think. If these are fluorescent bulbs, they have a transformer (sometimes called a ballast) that may be getting weak. Although usually the symptom for this is that one of the bulbs will continue to flash but not light completely.





It could be as simple as replacing the defective bulb.
the only thing that i could see is that some of your lights are energy efficient, that's how my lights are in my bedroom.....


there's a pause before lighting up., weather you know it or not that's what they are.
I noticed that those new bulbs (eco-friendly twisty) do that. They have a slight delay before turning on.
If it's fluorescent, maybe your transformer is going.

No comments:

Post a Comment